« I owe a lot to the Ecole Polytechnique; today I am proud and happy to give it back what I know how to do well: set up venture capital funds, help entrepreneurs grow, and build technological champions with them. »
« What are the assets of this venture? The energy of students and young alumni in search of meaning and passionate about innovation, the benevolence of a trusting and rigorous ecosystem, the power of multidisciplinary research at the limits of knowledge! »
The Advisory Committee’s mission is to advise and enlighten the Polytechnique Ventures team on investment opportunities. It supports the team from project selection to divestments and meets with start-up for which an investment is considered. It is composed of venture capital professionals:
- Jean-David Chamboredon, Co-Founder and CEO of ISAI Gestion ;
- Bernard Daugeras, Co-Founder of Auriga Partners ;
- Antoine Guarrigues, Co-Founder of Iris Capital ;
- Emmanuel Laillier, Head of Private Equity at Tikehau Capital ;
- Bertrand Pivin, Managing Partner at Apax Partners.
Moreover, the below members are permanent guests:
- The Ecole Polytechnique Director of Enterprises, Entrepreneurship and Innovation ;
- The Director of the X-HEC Entrepreneurship Master ;
- The President of X-Creation.
The role of the Strategic Committee is to analyze and advise the Polytechnique Ventures team on the proper functioning of the fund. More precisely, it is called upon to review the quality of reporting and information sent to shareholders, to monitor the investment policy and to oversee recruitment. It is made up of private equity and entrepreneurship experts:
- Patrick de Giovanni, Partner at Amboise Partners ;
- Pierre Bontemps, CEO of ELVI ;
- André Lebrun, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Arcole Industries ;
- Stéphanie Besnier, CFO of OVH ;
- Dominique Gaillard, CEO of ARMEN and former Chairman of the Board at Ardian.